- IRCC conducted its 2nd draw for Express Entry of 2023.
- Canada held its second all-program Express Entry draw for 2023 on the 18th of January 2023.
- IRCC invited 5,500 candidates to apply for Canada PR.
- Record-level lowest Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 490.
- The second time that the CRS score has been reduced after the draw on 23rd of November 2022.
- Candidates were invited via FSWP, CEC, and FSTP under Express Entry.
DETAILS OF THE DRAW
Canada held its second all-program express entry draw of this year on 18th January 2023 just after a week of first draw held on 11th January 2023.
Immigration and Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued invitations to 5,500 candidates to apply for Canada PR Visa. The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score was 490. The program was not specified which means that eligible applicants were accepted to apply through programs like the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). These are all programs that are operated within the Express Entry system.
The draw came as a shock since it was an additional Express Entry round of invitations within a consecutive week. IRCC was holding an open draw on Wednesday on January 11, where it also invited 5,500 applicants. The CRS cut-off point for last week’s draw was 507; this means the cut-off score for CRS has dropped 17 points in between draws.
However, the fact that the IRCC has already sent invitations to 11000 candidates and also draws have taken place in a consecutive week indicates the intention of IRCC to invite more skilled immigrants to Canada this year.
PREVIOUS EXPREE ENTRY DRAW OF 2023
|DRAW NUMBER||DATE||PROGRAM||ITA’s ISSUED||CRS SCORE|
Keep following Lebiz Canada for such updates!!