- can create jobs for Canadians
- can compete on a global scale
In order to qualify, you need to:
- have a Letter of Support from a designated angel investor group, venture capital fund or business incubator
- meet the ownership requirements for a qualifying business
- get scores of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in all four categories for English
- demonstrate you have enough settlement funds to bring. See this link for funds required
Each proposed start-up group can have up to 5 partners who apply for immigration, and each partner should hold at least 10% of the voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation. The current processing time for start-up applications take up to 12-16 months for a decision. Applicants may also be considered for a short-term work permit (usually 1-year) in order to facilitate their entry to Canada if the designated entity supports the request for a work permit.