This year Canada picked up many immigrants in each province & territories in September. However the central Canada, especially Ontario province has shown the highest jump in inviting the most immigrants in 2022. According to Statistics Canada reports, Ontario welcomed 227,235 new immigrants, the highest in comparison to other provinces. There’s an almost 32.8% rise in immigration.
As per IRCC data, Ontario’s immigration population was reduced to 50% in the year 2020, still stands in first in position inviting most immigrants every year.
Ontario is the highest populated province of Canada, making it an attractive city for immigrants to choose. Besides being populated, Toronto is considered as the financial capital of Canada thus attracting new business owners or investors to migrate there.
Ontario is still the best-known province for its benefits to immigrants. Because of their low unemployment rate, the tax system has helped to develop a fondness for Ontario.
Ontario is home to more than half of the Canadian population. It’s a multicultural diverse place; newcomers find it exciting, with a multitude of Canadian industries offering better opportunities.
How to Immigrate to Canada: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) was first launched in 2007 with the idea of allowing Entrepreneurs and Foreign workers to migrate to Ontario. This program nominates candidates and provides them Permanent Residency of Canada based on CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score. The most highly-ranking candidates will then be invited to apply for permanent residency.
Ontario offers three immigration streams:
- Human Capital Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- Employer Job Offer Stream
Human Capital Stream: Ontario Human Capital includes a variety of streams that target candidates for the Ontario labour force. The Human Capital streams focus on skills, abilities, and experience that can help a foreign national join the Ontario labour force. These streams may be for you if you have some work experience or education in Ontario.
Entrepreneur Stream: This stream can be facilitated by the entrepreneurs from outside Canada who are interested to either invest their funds in Canada or establish their business in Canada. These entrepreneurs get the opportunity to be nominated under OINP once their firm is registered in Canada.
To be eligible under this stream you must demonstrate:
- Your business is viable and making economic benefit in Canada.
- You have a minimum net worth of CAD 800,000 within Greater Toronto Area, if outside GTA then it should be CAD 400,000.
- Have a capability of investing a minimum of CAD 600,000 with GTA and CAD 200,000 outside of it.
- You are actively engaged in your business activities.
- You will create at-least 1 job position for any PR holder or Canadian Citizen.
- A minimum of CLB score of 4 is required.
LIST OF BUSINESSES THAT DOES NOT QUALIFY UNDER THIS STREAM:
- automated car wash business
- holding companies
- pay day loan and related businesses
- scrap metal recycling
- tire recycling
- a business involved in producing, distributing or selling pornography or sexually explicit products or services, or providing sexually oriented services
- businesses which have been previously owned or operated by a current or former OINP Entrepreneur Stream nominee or a nominee under the former investor component of the Opportunities Ontario program
If your proposed business will be located in the Greater Toronto Area, the following types are also ineligible:
- existing franchises in Ontario (new foreign franchises expanding into Ontario are permitted)
- gas stations
- bed and breakfasts
Employer Job Offer Stream: If applicants have been offered a job by an Ontario employer, it can be used to help them get in the country. Both the employer and the job must meet certain conditions to be considered valid. Depending on the stream they are applying through, applicants must also meet certain eligibility requirements.
Apart from these streams, the province offers other multiple pathways for candidates to enter in Ontario.
List of Most Demanded Occupations in Ontario, 2022
|OCCUPATIONS||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARIES|
|Delivery Truck Drivers||$40,950|
|Cooks and Food and Beverage Servers||$30,712.|
|Heavy equipment operators (not crane)||$54,600|
|Machining tools operators||$66,500|
How Lebiz can assist you with your Immigration Journey?
Lebiz is Canada’s #1 business consulting firm. Lebiz is your best choice for success in Canada. Numerous entrepreneurs have used our services set up businesses in Canada. Our experts are familiar with your concerns and needs when moving to Canada. Our in-house Canadian Lawyers and CPAs will help you achieve significant success with your case. We provide hassle-free and professional immigration services.
Consult us for your Canada Immigration Journey.