The application process for a Canadian work permit involves several steps. One of them is the provision of biometric data. You may be wondering what happens next after you complete the biometrics. This blog will walk you through the steps to apply for a Canada work permit after completing the biometrics. This information is useful for both employers and prospective workers.
1. Biometrics for the Canada Work Permit
Your fingerprints and photos will be sent to a secure database of the Government of Canada after you have provided your biometrics. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police will compare your fingerprints with the fingerprint records:
- Refugee claimants
- Deportees are not the only ones who need to be concerned.
- Temporary resident applicants
The visa officer will analyze any matches with existing RCMP records and use that information to make a decision about your application.
A border officer from the Canada Border Services Agency will verify your biometrics when you arrive in Canada.
2. Application Processing
- The processing time for a Canada Work Permit application can vary depending upon various factors
- The immigration authorities will examine your application and conduct background checks. They will also verify any information you provide.
- During this stage, you may need to provide additional documentation or conduct an interview.
3. Medical examination and police clearance (if applicable).
The applicant may have to undergo a health examination to confirm that they meet the requirements.
Mention the possibility that a certificate of police clearance may be required to prove good character and admissibility into Canada.
4. Decision on the application
- After the application is processed, you will receive a decision regarding your work permit.
- Mention the method of communication chosen by the applicant (email, postal mail, etc.) and that they will receive the decision. ).
- Discuss possible outcomes such as approval, refusal or requesting additional information.
5. Receiving the Work Permit
- Upon approval, the applicant receives their work permit.
- Validity of the work permit, including any conditions.
- It is important to check the permit for accuracy and conformity with all conditions.
The biometrics process is a crucial step in the Canada work visa application journey. It is not the last step. The application is processed after you provide your biometric data. A decision is then made. You will be issued a work permit if you are approved. This allows you to work for a specified time in Canada. Understanding the biometric process helps both applicants and employers remain informed and prepared during the entire application process.